Here are the top 5 things you need to know about me:
1) Jesus is the center of my life. I am nothing without Him! I haven’t always lived this way but through the experience of intense trials, I ultimately realized that I NEEDED Him in a mighty way!
2) My name is Kaylee Gutierrez and I am 31 years old. I have been married to my husband Jace for 6 years and we have two beautiful children, Lyric (3.5) and Sawyer (10 months). We have had many ups and downs in our marriage, from pride to serious health battles, but we continue to grow and become more committed to God, our marriage, and our children.
3) Why I chose my blog name “Mom Matters Most.” Too often as moms, we neglect ourselves while caring for our loved ones. Of course, this appears selfless and the way we believe it should be BUT we cannot truly give our best to our families when we are not first caring for ourselves. It is so important that we MAKE MOM A PRIORITY. Those ways start by spending quiet time alone with the Lord. I’ve found first thing in the morning, before the family wakes, works best for me. After that, we need to prioritize our health and nutrition. I did not realize how much my food choices were affecting my moods and my energy levels until I changed them. And lastly, we need an outlet. Whatever that looks like for each of us individually…a hobby, a passion, anything that’s just for mom.
4) My passion has recently become nutrition. In October of 2016, I felt the Lord strongly put in on my heart to treat my body as the temple he created it to be. He spoke clearly to me that my nutrition, and that of my families, needed a permanent makeover. The way we saw food needed to change, like a mental switch flipping on. Food is meant for nourishment and not pleasure. I do believe it’s ok to indulge here and there, but overall we need to view food as what it’s meant to be…nourishment for our bodies so we can do the work the Lord is calling us to do.
5) I am excited to start this blog because I have so many thoughts inside I’m burning to share. These thoughts are not tied to just one topic alone, but to many things the Lord has put on my heart. I have been and will continue to pray over this blog that it will be a blessing to anyone who chooses to read it.